Wednesday, August 18, 2010

08/18/2010 Our Freezer Got Unplugged...

Last week Amy was cutting the grass in the afternoon... I was watching the kids when I noticed the mower was not running anymore.   I opened the door and Amy yelled from the driveway..." I owe you an extension cord..."   She had cut it with the lawn edger.   I immediately checked the fuse box and told Amy I was shocked to see that she didn't blow any fuses.

Last night we were at the gym.   Amy asked me what I wanted for supper... and I told her we had pizza in the freezer.   When we got home I opened the freezer to notice everything in the freezer was spoiled.. and the smell was worse than anything I had ever smelled.   I sent Amy to the store.. put a DVD on for the kids and then I washed the freezer out!  

Nothing in this world can resemble the smell of rotting meat with decaying strawberries.

After leaving the freezer open all night and letting baking soda do it's magic.   We woke this morning to a fresher garage closing the freezer to let it prepare for storing our future meals.  

The freezer was still plugged into the wall socket.. however the wall socket has a fuse on the socket.   Once I found the spoiled food I noticed the light turned on where the plug goes into the socket.   I pushed in that button the light went off and the compressor on the freezer turned on.

I told Amy... we've been through a lot.. but we have never been through a freezer melt down before.   Frankly I don't want to do that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment